Movies Romantic movies in the past 5 years

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by ysabel, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Hi!

I need some suggestions for the most romantic/cheesy movies you've seen in the past 5 years. I'm looking for buying a DVD to watch this weekend :lol:. So the movie must be released on DVD already, meaning it's at least 6 months that it was released in the theatres.

Thanks in advance!

2. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

These are my favourite romantic movies:
    Love Actually
    Kate & Leopold
    While You Were Sleeping (very old movie, I know)
    Bridget Jones' Diary
    Anna and the King (not cheesy but lovely all the same)
    Pride & Prejudice (also not under cheesy category)

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah I was thinking of Love Actually. I've only seen it once. I don't mind seeing it again. While You Were Sleeping - I watch it all the time, haha.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The Notebook and Away From Her. No clue if they're from the past five years but I'm sure they'd be on DVD. The Notebook is one of my favourite films.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Both of those. I cried from beginning to end in Away From Her. I'd put it at the top of my list.

My daughter and I saw Nights in Rodanthe at the theatre and we both loved it.

I'm terrible at recommending movies. I seem to have odd ball taste when it comes to them.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Aw the only romantic(ish) films I like are ones that aren't really that romantic. My "relationship" films are High Fidelity, (500) Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of The spotless Mind.

Most girls I know absolutely adore "Love Actually".

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

OH and how could I forget 'Before Sunset' and 'Before Sunrise'. I'm sure you've seen these already, ysa. I'd be shocked if you hadn't.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yep, I've seen both. And just rewatched them recently. I might finally go for: High Fidelity, Love Actually and 50 First Dates. I want more of an "aww" and "lol" feeling than crying romantic.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I suggest Definitely Maybe, it wasn't too bad and I like Ryan Reynolds and Isla Fisher is such a babe.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just watched that too. I got the DVD a couple of months ago. I liked it, btw.